Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Can anyone tell me the diff beween cold pressed org coconut oil and cold pressed org centrifuged coconut oil?

I know that the process of obtaining the raw coconut oil is what this is all about. I'm just wondering if anyone has tasted the difference between the traditional raw unheated organic phillipine coconut oil, and the unheated raw organic coconut oil, that is processed by a centrifuge process.Can anyone tell me the diff beween cold pressed org coconut oil and cold pressed org centrifuged coconut oil?
Well, I haven't tasted both, but I'd imagine that any difference in taste would be undetectable.





The difference is that in one manufacturing process, the coconut is simply pressed without any heat applied, and the oil runs off and is packaged. In the other, the coconut is pressed but then the pulp is put into a high-speed centrifuge that spins out the last little drop of oil. Both are extracting the oil with no heat, and the last drops of oil aren't different from the first pressings--they're just the random drops that pressing didn't expel.

No comments:

Post a Comment