Saturday, December 26, 2009

Does coconut oil really help your hair grow? If so where do I get it?

I need my hair to grow out for my aunts wedding and for a play. I've heard that it does but I'm not sure.And if it does I have no idea where to get it!!Does coconut oil really help your hair grow? If so where do I get it?
Healthy hair grows from a healthy body. Topical products such as coconut oil cannot help it to grow. Everyones hair grows at a different rate and even goes into periods of dormancy. To kick your hair into gear....I suggest you try taking biotin...its a vitamin supplement touted to improve hair growth.Does coconut oil really help your hair grow? If so where do I get it?
No. I don't know where you have heard this but it is crazy! The only thing to help increase the growth of hair is vitamins. Other than this your hair grows at an average rate of 1/4 - 1/2 inch a month. Also prenatal vitamins are great. Also Nexxus makes a product line called Nioxin which increases cirrculation to the scalp and helps increase hair growth but it is pretty Expensive like 50 bucks for shampoo, conditioner, and vitamins. so i suggest prenatal vitamins they are cheap and you can get them at any drugstore or pharmacy.
it's not the coconut oil per-say that helps hair grow. But most shampoos and conditioners have ';paraben'; which is a type of wax. It shines up the hair, but also coats the scalp with a thin layer of wax which keeps hair from growing. Coconut oil is a good alternative to conditioner because it naturally conditions your hair without leaving that film, so without the film, the hair grows faster. In essence, it's not the oil, it's the absence of film. Buy shampoo products WITHOUT paraben and use the oil, and you'll get even faster results!

No comments:

Post a Comment