Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Is it true that rubbing coconut oil on your skin 30 minutes before shower, removes dirt from skin?

I heard that if i were to put coconut oil on my skin like 30 minutes before a shower will remove all the dirt from your skin, is this true?Is it true that rubbing coconut oil on your skin 30 minutes before shower, removes dirt from skin?
Does that make any sense to you, that rubbing grease on your skin will remove oil? Doesn't to me either. The romans used to bathe with a scrub that was a mixture of salt and olive oil, perhaps that it where the idea comes from, but that wont really get you clean either. It will however, keep you from drying out...that much I can say, but the salt would irritate your skin. You could use sugar instead, but in either case, you are gonna make your tub very dangerous - trust me on this, oil in a tub is slick, and the last thing you want trying to get clean is to cut your head open on the spout when you slip. Not good at all.





I would stick to a cleanser such as shower gel or soap, and moisterize after with oil. [I like olive oil better - the omega nine fatty acids in it are more healing to the skin, while the lauric acids in coconut oil can be drying if you live in an area with hard water.]

No comments:

Post a Comment